Friday, March 13, 2009

The Top Steakhouse (Restaurant Week in Columbus)

It's only Thursday so you still until the 15 to enjoy 'Restaurant Week' in Columbus.
Last night I took my wife to 'The Top' Steakhouse for her birthday. For around $60 we had an appetizer, 2 surf-n-turf entrees and 2 deserts. I had the chocolate cake and my wife had her favorite - creme brulee. The steak was excellent and the lobster was pretty good, a little tough but good. In my opinion there wasn't much of a difference between medium and medium-well but my wife enjoyed her medium-well nonetheless. The deserts were excellent I know, not very descriptive. What do you want? It's chocolate cake! Beer? No, I asked our waitress for something domestic and she started rambling off the usual bud, bud-light, miller....yada yada yada. I stopped her mid sentence and asked if she had anything from Great Lakes brewing. No. Fact is she'd never heard of it so I knew that was the end of my beer list. I had water.
So was it worth the $75 (tip included)? Yes but only once. It was a nice experiance over all but I don't hink we'll ever go back. It's definitely worth a try for those of you that have never been. It's been in Columbus for 50 years and is rated one of the top 50 steak places in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment