Friday, March 13, 2009

Stone 10th Anniversary Ale


I was lucky enough to find this at a favorite wine/beer shop a couple years ago. She had one of the last ones is Columbus and gave it to me. If you ever get a chance to stop by and buy stuff from Jaime (From the Vine, Lewis Center Ohio) I highly recommend it. She's awesome and never disappoints with her selection.
View Larger Map
The beer poured wonderfully orange and very thick with very little crown. The aroma is very earthy with strong grassy hops. It tastes great. A very earthy hoppiness to it. Some IPA's are incredibly laden with citrus flavors and aroma's but this is different. There's almost a wood like flavor to it. I wouldn't make this your first IPA but if you love them in all shapes and sizes don't skip this one. If I could find it I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Very good, strong too, 10%abv.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment