Monday, March 2, 2009

Pumpkin Ale

It's been a while and I apologize. I've been very busy searching for a job. It's rough out there trying to get a job, start a business, and experiment with food and drink. I found one of my pumpkin ales in the cellar last night gave it a shot. Even though it's been aged for a year it tasted great. Very fruitty 'nose' with hints of cinnamon and maple. There's a splash of pumpkin in end and the 8% ABV is hidden well. :) I may actually try again this year. No maple though, too expensive.
Up next I have a 'set-yer-face-on-fire' Imperial Ale with 200ibu's using 8oz of hops. Yes, I said 8 full oz of hops. That's probably more than what you'd find in a barrel of 'bud'. I'll have to tone it down with about 3 pounds of honey so I'm very excited about the outcome. The other (which will be just as fantastic of course) will be a Raspberry Porter. I'll use 3 pounds of raspberry in this. Some might ask; "Why can't you just brew something normal?" and to that I always reply "why be normal?"
More later and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment