Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tsunami Engulfs Kesennuma, Miyagi Prefecture

I think this will be the last post on the tsunami for a while. I've been glued to too many media outlets. It's been very hard on my psyche but I can't stop looking. I can't wrap my head around this enormous catastrophe and the more I try the harder it gets. So with that being said, the below video is a home video shot from a roof top in the  fishing town of Kesennuma.

View Larger Map
Its been there for 58 years but in a matter of 5 minutes 45 seconds, it's gone. I'm praying for the families affected by this and other towns like it. Even my 7 year old son has been very concerned and even asked his Sunday school teacher to pray for everyone affected.



It's so eerie the way the water just crept in and took everything.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Fred, thanks for the invite, I like your blogsite :) Great post on the tsunami, such a sad situation. A friend of mine is currently working in N. Japan and is being kept there because his position was considered a necessity, he said his family is fine, but the tragedy is only about 65 miles south of where he's located, he's deep into it right now. Any help for the victims of the earthquake and tsunami would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome. I have a few friends and colleagues over there as well. Everything should be fine eventually but it'll take a lot of work. They're strong people and they can pull through.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete