Sunday, February 8, 2009

Use Google instead of


411. Most 411 calls cost $1 or more yet a simple text either comes with your cell phones plan or might cost about $.20. Yes a phone book is free but I have a feeling they're going the way of the newspaper. Plus if I'm out and about I don't want to waste time looking for a phone book. Texting Google for information is easy and quick, not to mention you have your answer in text. You don't have to waste time or more money looking for a pen or paying for the extra text message your 411 carrier sends to you. You may even get a set of steak knives! 
The next time you're looking for something on the go follow these steps and get an answer from Google in about a minute.
If I'm looking for coffee while in Buffalo NY (yes, I can throw a nickel and hit a Starbucks but I personally don't like they're coffee......'gasp') I just send a text message to 466453 (google) with what I need and the zip code where I'm looking. For example: coffee, 14222. In less than a minute I get 2 texts informing me that Starbucks is ....... oh crap. Seriously, although Starbucks was one of the choices I had 2 more following it and I decided to check out Caffe Aroma instead. See the below map for the results I get if I do the same thing on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment