Friday, September 11, 2009

Westerville Fire Fighter Memorial

By chance I spotted the announcement for this while searching for events dedicated to 9/11 in or around Columbus. I wanted my sons to have some exposure to the tragedy that took place 8 years ago. I didn't tell them the entire story. I approached it with some restraint because it's very difficult to explain to a 6 year old the feelings that went through mine and his mothers heart.


The parade was at 10:30 and I saw the announcement at 10:15. Luckily both boys were being awesome today. With some tenacious driving and off the cuff directions I was able to make it up to the firestation in time. We pulled into the parking lot about 5 minutes before the pipers started.
The huge chunk of metal on the back of the flatbed is a peice of the north tower somewhere between the 98th and 101st floors (the plane struck the tower between the 94th and 99th floors).
I'll have some pictures posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment